CCCAOE Leadership Academy 2019
CCCAOE Leadership Academy 2019 will address the mission of CCCAOE through building the capacity of new and emerging leaders by providing Leadership for Occupational Education and Economic Development Professionals.
New this year - Level 2 Leadership Academy, expanding on the concepts and strategies developed in Level 1.
June 4-7, 2019
Embassy Suites, Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
The California Community College Association for Occupational Education Leadership Institute invites you to participate in the 2019 professional development training program for community college leaders who desire the professional skills necessary to be effective, proactive leaders in the 21st century involved in workforce development and the enhancement of California’s position within a global economy.
Level 1 Leadership Development: It's All About You
The research is clear. Leadership is not about personality; it's about behavior. What are those behaviors, and how does one learn to embody them? This exploration into the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership will move you far beyond abstract conversations on the theory of leaders development. The experiential focus of this academy will give you practical and personal knowledge of how to make the Five Practices a personal and authentic part of your every day behaviors regardless of your title.
Based on, "The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations", by James Kouzes and Barry Posner. Copies provided to attendees.
- Creating Successful SWP Outcomes
- Navigating CTE & EWD
- Funding CTE & EWD
- Building Business & Workforce Partnerships
- Program Development and Approval
- Understanding Enrollment Management
- Making your way through Career Pathways and Guided Pathways
- LaunchBoard: Program Review & Vitality
Who will benefit:
- New Deans
- Program Managers
- Administrative assistants
- Anyone who is responsible for coordinating, managing or being an effective member of a community college CTE/EWD office team
Level 2 Leadership Academy: The Unimaginable
Leadership is less about authority and more about influence. How does one use his or her influence to change an entire system? Level Two experiential workshop explores what it takes to Master Leadership so that your influence can be used to leverage meaningful change in the community college system.
Based on the book, "Mastering Leadership: Shift the Drift and Change the World," by Michael Stanser. Copies provided to attendees.
- Using your outcomes data to make decisions: Unraveling the mystery
- Adult Education Pipeline Development
- Dual Enrollment: Navigating the Opportunities and Challenges for CA
- Managing the Politics of the System while Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Strategic Advocacy & Communication in the current system
Questions? Email Event Manager email@example.com